Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the voice of our students and plays a key role in the operation of the center. We encourage all of our students to join the SGA.
The SGA Council is composed of Executive Board officers, Vocational Representatives, and Area Student Leaders. The Executive Board members are the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Community Coordinator. Vocational Representatives are student leaders representing each career training program on center. The Area Student Leaders are mentors, recreational aides, residential advisors, safety marshals, and student tour guides.
In their weekly meetings, SGA representatives make recommendations to the Center Director about rules affecting students including enforcement of rules. The Center Director also consults with the SGA before introducing new rules for students.
SGA members also have the responsibility to:
- Be a positive role model to the other students.
- Assist in the decision-making process with the Center Director and Senior Management Team relating to policies affecting student life on and off campus.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Practice self-government and have input on center policies.
- Learn and practice positive leadership and socialization skills.
- Assist with tours on center.
- Work with all departments through the SGA Committees.
- Host activities for the student body.
- Work closely with the Business-Community Liaison to bridge the gap between the Job Corps program and the community.
After 30 days of enrollment at our center, you may apply for the Leadership Training Class. After you complete three weeks of leadership training, you can apply for SGA membership.
An Anime Club meets regularly to discuss, show, and promote anime as well as broaden Japanese cultural understanding. Any Anime fan is welcome to join. Our activities range from viewing and discussing Anime, playing games, or doing Anime-related crafts. From classics of the medium to the latest titles from Japan, whatever interests you about Anime and Manga is welcome here.
The mission of the Bike Club is to promote healthy and fun lifestyles through cycling in Tucson area.
In addition to hosting fun rides throughout the community, the club also spreads a love of cycling by:
- Providing education
- Providing cycling opportunities
- Working with health and fitness organizations
- Working with existing organizations on their cycling programs
- Working with governments on transportation planning
- Developing new cycling programs
The game of chess develops strategy, anticipation, and awareness skills that can help players in situations far away from the chess board, but the reason we like to play it is simply because it is fun. The Chess Club gives students a chance to play friendly games of chess against their peers in a low-stress environment. All levels are welcome.
Playing Card Club
Do you like playing cards and learning new card games? That’s what we do at the Playing Card Club. Members go all in with their powers of concentration, strategy, bluffing, and luck to play a variety of card games with other like-minded students.
Video Gaming Club
Video Game Club is a great way for students to connect over their shared love of video games. Members will have an opportunity to play multiplayer games, single player games, and discuss gaming strategies and preferences. This club is open to players of all levels, from n00bs to level bosses.